Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Mom’s Buffet

One of the things that I inherited from my parents was their  buffet.  It had been in their dining room for about 25 years.   This buffet served all of us well.   Mom always had goodies on it such as fruit, nuts and candy.  

026

This buffet would have matched my dining room furniture perfectly before it underwent a facelift.  You can read about my dining room transformation here.   Now that my dining room furniture is painted black, I needed  to transform the buffet to match. 

I used the same paint that I used on my dining room furniture and transformed the buffet to match.   

 038

Now that the painting is done, all I have to do is install the drawers, add new hardware and place it in the dining room.   Hopefully this will all happen today so that I can finish my fall decorating. 

I sure hope my Mom approves.  On second thought, I’m sure she would have because she was my biggest fan when it came to me transforming anything! 

Gail

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gail Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh what am exquisite piece of furniture. You did a phenomenal job sweetie, and I just know that your Moma would approve.

    I too have a buffet piece that belonged to my in-laws. Mine doesn't have drawers though it has two doors side by side that open. It extends out into a very long table for dining. My DH and I had our engagement dinner sitting at this table, and when the in-laws passed away it was given to me, as I so loved the piece. I have long wanted to paint it but DH keeps screaming "no way". When you are finished please post another photo, I would love for him to see how beautiful it could be painted. I have SO been wanting to do this one over.

    A beautiful share this evening. Hope you had a beautiful day today.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the update and I know your Mom would love it too. It's nice that you can incorporate a family piece into your home. Lots of good memories.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it painted black and what a precious heirloom. I treasure everything that I have of my mom's. I know this means a lot to you and such a lovely piece of furniture. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buffet really looks great! Gail, your fall decorating looks so beautiful already. Now you have me intrigued. What else would you have left to do? Whatever you do, I know it will be beautiful! You have the magic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the piece better painted than the natural wood. You did a very good job. And when you have an inherited piece, it is another beautiful reminder of the person who left it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail,
    Just wanted to leave a note...the buffet turned out very nice. I was just wandering around in blogland & came across your blog, and I realize this is an older one & you may not even read this post. I don't usually leave comments, however I saw the picture of your son who is currently serving. My son is also there. 1st time, 1st Christmas without him here. So I just wanted to say...God Bless you, will keep him & your family in my prayers, and please tell him "Thank You" & Merry Christams.

    Dayna♥

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails