Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lampshade Makeover 3x’s!

About a year ago, I purchased this lamp at an auction.  I love the base of the lamp but for some reason, I haven’t been able to figure out  what  to do with the shade.

001

This was the first make-over of the shade.  I added  trim to the top and bottom of the shade and attached a tassel to the base.  I wasn’t very happy with it, but just left it and thought I would try again later. 

028

The second time around,  I added a bead trim around the top of the shade.  Well needless to say, I still wasn’t very happy with it. 

016 

And now for the third make-over……I added a burlap rosette and trim! 

016

I Googled  “fabric rosette” and the search  resulted with  tons of hits on how to make a fabric and/or paper rosette.   It was so easy to do. 

020

 

022

Finally, I can say that I am happy with how the shade turned out. 

025

Thanks for stopping by and may your day be filled with all the happiness it can hold. 

Gail

Linking this post to 

A Stroll Thru Life

Coastal Charms

Ladybug Blessings

Today’s Creative Blog

Savvy Southern Style

All Things Heart and Home

Blue Cricket Design

27 comments:

  1. The third time was a charm...I love it! The burlap goes so well with the style of the lamp base. Nicely done, Gail!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Gail! I think the burlap wound up being the perfect addition. Great rosette, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Good for you to keep trying, you knew you'd know the right look when you saw it, and wow, it's great! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both shades but the second one has a warm fuzzy feeling!! Great job on the rosette! It is just a cute lamp overall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the natural effect of the burlap. It fits nicely with the rest of the soothing hues of white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty vignette, Gail. Love the rosette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the 3rd time was a charm...love the burlap=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the 3rd one too. The whole vignette is really pretty!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lamp is great with the burlap, and the whole area and tabletop look fantastic. I recently did a Napkin Folding Rosette Tutorial...I hope you'll have a chance to stop by and visit. Enjoyed my visit to your neat blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail, this is awesome!! I thought they all looked good but this is my favorite too!

    The whole vignette is just so pretty!!

    I noticed on your sidebar that your son is in Aphfanistan. A good friend of mine that works with me, her son is there as of tomorrow. We will keep your son in our prayers too...

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Afghanistan, not the wrong way I spelled it.

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Like Blondie said, third times the charm! Your new shade is awesome! I love it and it looks perfect on your great lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Gail,
    I'd love to feature you in my new magazine....I'd love to feature these lamps and tell about you and your blog...Let me know if you'd like to be a guest artist!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little lamp and the shade redo is fantastic. So pretty and your vignette is gorgeous. Love it. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute touches Gail loving the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gail, this is perfect! Now, don't mess with it again. I love it. Thanks for joining the party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Gail! Oh, I love it! I love your last redo the very best and your huge fabric rose is adorable. Love your black shelf on the wall!
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the burlap one!!!
    sandraallen260@centurytel.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love rosettes as they make the perfect accents for so many things! I really like how you mixed the burlap and white, and it does seem like the burlap works well with the style lamp you used. Thanks for sharing your idea with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the last lamp makeover. Third times charm

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your lamp is such a fashion plate! so much fun.
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the burlap flower. I also love the color of your walls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rustic, but elegant! I'd say perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails