Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wooden Cheese Boxes as Centerpieces for Christmas

Do you remember these wooden cheese boxes I purchased about a month ago? 

023 - Copy 

I bought them at an antique shop in Virginia for $8 a piece.  My plans at the time when I purchased them was to use them for Christmas.  Now that Christmas is here, I’ve made two centerpieces, one for myself and one for my daughter-in-law.  Take a look at what I’ve done with them. 

011

This one is mine and I have it sitting on my kitchen table.   I used some Christmas greens, one of my roosters and some candles.  I purchased nothing to make this one, I had everything.   

007

This one is for my daughter-in-law for her kitchen table. 

016

The only purchase I made to make this one was the red hurricane candle holder.  I used Christmas greens, pinecones, apples and lots of berries. 

019

Just a few more things left to do and then I’m all done with Christmas decorating.  

008

As always, thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments.  They are always appreciated. 

Gail

Linking this post to:

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday
Blue Cricket Design for Show and Tell

From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

18 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Great idea. I have a large cheese box that is antique. Right now it just sits under my sewing table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those center pieces turned out great. I'm a first-time visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I really love this idea! I especially love the one you made for your daughter in law. I know she will love it. I never...ever....see cheese boxes around our part of the country. You are so lucky to have come across them and have made some beautiful centerpieces out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look so good Gail.. who woulda thought of cheese boxes... oh yea- YOU of course cause you are a Creative Queen~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have vision. They are beautiful Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them both! How lucky is your daughter-in-law to have such a creative and sharing mother-in-law!!!! I'm jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea! they look wonderful, who would of thought a cheese box could look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love those cheese boxes made into center pieces. They are beautiful.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your cheese boxes are gorgeous all done up for Christmas! I love them, you make such lovely vignettes.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative Gail, they look beautiful!! Martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gail I'm happy to see your cheese boxes appear in your decoration. I too have a box I purchased several years ago and the vendor painted the box using a wooden stain, then hand painted a pilgrim girl on the lid with big hearts on the box sides and gloss coated the entire box. She went on to line the inner part of the box which I now use as a sewing notions keeper. Maybe this will get your creative juices going for future uses of these adorable boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gail I love what you did with the cheese boxes! Just beautiful! What caught my eye though is that super cute round placemat thingy you made!! At least I think you made it cause you are zoo crafty that way! I just love it!! I need one for my dining room table.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.s. Thanx for coming to the party!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gail you did a wonderful job with your table centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gail, these are lovely! Both are just beautiful! Thank you for sharing your beauty!

    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute idea!

    Many Christmas Blessings,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gail, I love it! I have one sitting in the garage gathering dust...thanks for the inspiration! I hope I'll do something so pretty with mine!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Gail! With great pleasure looked at your Christmas decorations. Really lucky that you do with what you love. I live in an apartment, but I always dreamed to have a ladder at home, which at present seems decorated just like yours. Your whole house has a wonderful Christmas spirit. Congratulations to all the ideas generated. In Bulgaria, the cheese is sold in plastic or cans so that your made ​​of wood are very practical purpose.
    I give you a link to my tree last year because this year I have not made ​​pictures - http://ilinayor.blogspot.com/2010/12/blog-post_3832.html

    Happy Holidays and warm!

    Ilina

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails