Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Frenchy Writing Desk and Chair

Hello everyone, how was your weekend?   I spent most of mine working  in the garage trying to make a dent in my ever growing pile of trash soon to be treasures.  I did finish one project that had been driving me crazy thinking what to do with it.   It wasn’t until I found Lisa at CreateInspire giving me the inspiration that I needed to make-over this desk.    002

Her blog is full of inspiration with the most gorgeous make-overs!  If you have never visited her blog, you should!  You will be in for a real treat and will leave feeling so inspired just like I do. 

001

Now when I’m in my garage, I stand there and look at my pile of trash soon to be treasures and ask myself “what would Lisa do”! 

004

One more project down and I’ve lost count on how many more are left because I keep adding to my pile of trash.  I picked up a few more furniture pieces this weekend which I will share in another post. 

009

Now, go check out Lisa’s blog….you will not be disappointed! 

As always thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful week. 

Gail

Sharing with:

Linda @ Coastal Charms for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Elizabeth & Company for Be Inspired

Savvy Southern Style for WOW Us Wednesday

15 comments:

  1. Hello Gail,
    LOVE IT!!! What more can I say...it's a true WINNER! Thanks for sharing at my party this week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Gail! How cute to put the chalk paint on the top and all of the script. Love the color too.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Gail! I love it! I'd love to find a desk about this size to do. I keep finding big ones though! I have to stick with my "it has to fit in the back of my Sorento and I have to be able to lift it myself" rule or I might have gone for one. I found Lisa's blog last week when she shared that fabulous turquoise French desk she did. She does do some wonderful makeovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece Gail!I will hop on over and check out Lisa's blog! Thank you for sharing!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How unique! Someone should sit down there and write a novel!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the colors and french touch ;) I’d love it if you could link this up to our party, Give Me The Goods Monday! {1 party, 4 blogs}
    http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/05/give-me-goods-party-9.html
    Have a great week!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Oh my, that is one GORGEOUS desk and the chair is very sweet along with the typewriter sitting on the table. I love your painting job on the top, perfection! I LOVE it. You can be certain that it will sell quickly.
    Have a good day! CIndy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gail--you are too kind!! Thank you so much for the "shout out". :) The desk is gorgeous. Just adore the top and the drawer fronts! Beautiful job lady! Hope you have a terrific week.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not the least bit surprised that you were inspired by Lisa. She is so talented! ... And just look at that desk - amazing details! I love the drawers and the way you framed out the chalkboard top! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are channeling the right creative mind, because the desk turned out fantastic. SO I'm gonna pin it.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  11. The top of your desk is a work of art! I've got to check out your inspiration now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE your desk! It's really beautiful! I'm especially in love with the drawer fronts but the grey grain sack detail on the chair is also gorgeous. I just pinned and will be your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This little desk is so charming. I can just imagine spending many happy hours sitting at it and being inspired to write wonderful things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Came out awesome! I totally agree with you about createinspire!! WWLD--love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thanks for stopping by and leaving one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails